Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I did nothing of the sort!!!


Every once in a while, someone crosses the line and takes something I said, in confidence, out of context. Today, I'm reading the UK Times Online while enjoying a hot green tea, and I notice this headline and story:

Rice tells Japan: 'We will defend you'

No I didn't! Never once in my conversation with Japan did I say "We will defend you". I might have said, "We will befriend you" or "My son loves Pokemon" but the thought of defending a country that I barely know is ludicrous.

Anyhoo, I'm off to comment on some other important blogs that say important things....

4 Comments:

Anonymous EarthFriendly said...

What a bold face lie. You can't deny it, there isn't any point, the whole world knows what you said. It's in the papers. In England, no less. They have the most respected journalists in the world.

Nice try, but we all know the truth and you should be ashamed.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous black mamba said...

I'm surprised you had the energy to talk to Japan! I would have guessed that after all the blabbing you do at our meetings your mouth would be exhausted.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard you told Japan it was safe to import U.S. beef. I TOLD OU THAT IN CONFIDENCE!

Want proof? http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20050319/ai_n13463152

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot green tea... yeah right.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home